Day One: Tuesday, June 18 - Tech 2030: Ramping Up For Tomorrow Today
Tuesday, June 18th, 2019
For too long, software providers have driven the IT sourcing environment by attempting to avoid sourcing and increase annual fees, but the time has come for sourcing to take the wheel and propel the software engagements of tomorrow into a new era. By implementing a new negotiation and contracting strategy , this top exec turned the tables and took control, garnering major savings and a revolutionary way to license software. In this case study, find out just how they did it, and how you can do the same. Extended Q&A to follow.
· Moving from perpetual licensing to cloud
· Reducing your annual fees year on year
· Making avoidance just as important as savings
Mega-vendors such as Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, SAP and AWS are notoriously difficult vendors to manage in terms of compliance, negotiation and the general relationship. With rapidly changing platforms, terms and pricing models every year, what are the best tactics to follow in terms of your negotiations and renewal contracts? Find out in this enlightening panel discussion. Q&A to follow.
- Building a solid case for your requirements
- Tailoring your negotiation plan to be vendor specific
- How strategic timing can improve your deal
- How to use a collaborative team approach to implement the right tactics for bargaining power
- Asking the right questions to uncover hidden and missing costs
- How to mitigate vendor-specific risk through terms and conditions checklists
- Knowing when a vendor will negotiate in advance